What wrong with my elbow?

Both my elbow’s are really sore.Particularly my right elbow.I ‘m 18,Haven’t hurt them in anyway.I can’t lean on them and when i hold my arm up i get shooting pains.They feel swollen and like there’s fluid in them.I don’t have a problem with any other joints.Does anyone have a clue what this may be? Thanks alot

Be Sociable, Share!
  1. Natalie Z, 10 April, 2010

    It does sound like tendinitis or tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis) to be more specific. You really need to get to a doctor so the fluid can be aspirated. NSAIDs and some stretching exercises can help as well as a tennis elbow strap, but the fluid does need to be removed to aid in motion and healing. Your doctor can recommend a brace/strap, or you can find them at almost any pharmacy, probably even Wal-Mart.

    Avoid any activities that aggravate your elbows for at least 6 weeks, even if you start feeling better before then. This can recur and become a chronic, painful condition.

    As mentioned, you do need to see a doctor, preferably an orthopedist, but in the meantime you can try the below exercises if you feel comfortable doing them on your own:


  2. missingora, 10 April, 2010

    It sounds like tendonitis. Do you play tennis or bowl or play softball? I had hip surgery and ever since (6 months) I have tendonitis and fluid in my elbows from using a walker. Can you use an anti-inflammatory such as Ibuprophen? That might help some but the doctors tell me there’s not much they can do for it.

Copyright © Get Rid Of Tennis Elbow Pain