Is it possible to get a cyst in your elbow? And what would be some symptoms?

It’s sore and i haven’t injured it,,,,,there’s a lumpy thingy when you push in that moves around and it’s all sticking out there.

Be Sociable, Share!
  1. David B, 29 May, 2010

    Over the point of your elbow is a tissue called BURSA. It provides padding and lubrication for the tricep tendon, which passes by and hooks up there. When you hit your elbow, or rub the elbow tissue alot, it may become inflammed. This is called olecranon bursitis When it is inflammed, it makes too much fluid, and it can collect to form a soft, fluid filled lump. Is this what you have?? Resting the tissue, by not putting pressure on it, or resting your elbow on anything, together with application of cold, and use of medicines like Aleve, can help it to go away. It might take weeks or even months to go away fully. Hope that helps!

  2. Rene B, 29 May, 2010

    You can get cysts anywhere in your body. What you have is most probably olecranon bursitis. It is more commonly called "student’s elbow". I would advise you to see an orthopedic surgeon-he can aspirate the bursa and probably inject steroids in it after the aspiration. The bursitis usually disappears in a week or two.

  3. Domimo’s Mom, 29 May, 2010

    get checked by your Doctor

Copyright © Get Rid Of Tennis Elbow Pain