Worker’s Comp question? Is there someone that can override a doctors opinion of my condition? I am not fully

healed yet from surgery. I had tennis elbow surgery on both arms. My right arm was done first and is still a bit sore and my left arm is still not fully healed from the surgery and the doctor said I have to return to work in 5 weeks no matter what. What??? I guess I am not healing fast enough for him or something. My tendonitis is still active and I am still going to physical therapy twice a week. I don’t think I should be forced back to work before this is completely healed. Isn’t there anything that I can do?

Be Sociable, Share!
  1. mistify, 29 August, 2009

    If you have a job that involves manual labor, you may be approrpriate for a functional capacity evaluation. This would take the tasks that you are most likely to do at work and evaluate your ability to do it. You would need to find a PT or OT clinic that offers this test. This would give you an objective measurement of your ability to return to work.

  2. Peatea, 29 August, 2009

    If you don’t feel as though you are ready to return to work you need to discuss this with your doctor. I do think that if he’s releasing you to work then he believes that you are okay to go back, a doctor wouldn’t release you unless they were confident it wouldn’t cause further injury. Call your doctor and discuss your concerns with him. Maybe he’ll calm them and you’ll want to go back to work, maybe he’ll see where you’re coming from and give you more time off. Hope this helps. Good Luck. 🙂

  3. peterbilt197, 29 August, 2009

    Yes…ask your physical therapist when he / she thinks you should return to work. After all, you are seeing him / her on a regular basis for therapy. Tell your therapist how you feel and that you don’t feel as though you’re physically able to perform your job safely. Your therapist above anybody would know if you should go back to work. After all…it sure would be a shame if you went back to work too soon and did further damage to yourself….aahheemm.

  4. dober-man, 29 August, 2009

    It depends on which state you are in. I live in Louisiana and here if you are under worker’s comp, you can choose who you see. And if you are not happy and want a second opinion, contact you adjuster and tell her or him that you would like a second opinion and they will set that up for you.

  5. Workers comp, 17 June, 2011

    Workers’ compensation insurance, commonly called workers’ or workmen’s comp, is a form of insurance designed to provide compensation to workers who have been injured while on the job.

  6. Bob, 13 July, 2011

    I agree with the others. Talk to the Doctor and tell him how you are feeling. If that doesn’t resolve the issue go find yourself a good lawyer or find a new doctor.

Copyright © Get Rid Of Tennis Elbow Pain