How can I convince the doctor to keep me out long enough for?

my arm to heal? I just had tennis elbow surgery and my last one took me 12 weeks to heal?

Be Sociable, Share!
  1. Patti C, 06 October, 2009

    Does your doctor want you to go back to work earlier than you feel you should? Apparently you must need a doctor’s excuse to stay out of work. Is this correct? If so, explain to your doctor what type of work you do and how you feel that this aggravates your arm. Let him or her know that you want to take care of your arm and heal correctly. After all, what is it to the doctor if you need to stay out of work longer. It doesn’t cost him anything to keep you out of work.

  2. caffsans, 06 October, 2009

    if you are home how can he keep you in
    use common sense on how much you can do
    so that you dont break it again

  3. searcher, 06 October, 2009

    I wonder, are you talking about a worker’s comp injury or a non-work related injury?

    If it’s a work-related injury, it may be difficult to get the doctor to allow you extra time (after all the employer’s worker’s comp carrier is footing the bill). As a person who has monitored worker’s comp cases, I would suggest that you ask him about restricted duty. If you work with your employer on this, most of the time, they will try to find an alternative duty job for you. If they cannot find a suitable light duty job for you, they will have to allow you to stay off of work. But that only applies to US worker’s compensation injuries.

    However if your injury is not work related, you will have to appeal to your doctor. The employer is not under any obligation to work around the injury. Your best bet is to get FMLA (Family & Medical Leave Act) protection for the injury. You then need to get the forms from your employer to have the doctor sign and return. And you are only allowed 60 days of protected leave time per 24 months of employment, and that is only if you work at a place with (I think) 15 employees and that you have worked at least 1,260 hours in the last 12 months for the same employer. I’m trying to go by memory on these rules, since it’s been a while since I worked in HR.

    Good luck to you!

  4. blaze_your_brow, 06 October, 2009

    Tell your doctor that if he or she wasn’t the previous doctor that you had.

Copyright © Get Rid Of Tennis Elbow Pain