Bone and joint pain,anybody have a guess?

About a year ago,i started experiencing pain in my right elbow.i have worked out for years,so I thought it may have been a strain,or even "tennis elbow" or something along those lines.I stopped lifting for awhile,but after a month or two,the pain appeared in my left elbow as well.About 6 months ago,the pain spread to my shoulders and chest/collarbone area.Any kind of pushing motion brings excruciating pain in the chest/shoulder area.My elbows don’t hurt to bend,or to lift things, but when extended,or when carrying things they ache bad.about a week ago the back of my right hand went numb,and hasn’t gotten better.I wake up several times a night and whatever side I’m on is asleep or in pain. I’m tired ALL the time,no matter how much rest I get.I have seen my physician,she ran a full blood test and after nothing was found,referred me to a rhuematiod arthritis specialist,whom I will see in a week-but all the research I’ve done doesn’t seem to match the symptoms of arthritis.Any ideas?

Be Sociable, Share!
  1. HeptaDragon, 27 November, 2009

    Apparently your physician gave you a referral to a rheumatologist; this is not a "rheumatoid arthritis specialist". Rheumatoid arthritis is one of the spectrum of autoimmune diseases a rheumatologist deals with. There are many other autoimmune disorders which a rheumatologist can evaluate and many of them have symptoms like the ones you are describing. Autoimmune disorders are a very complicated and better left to the specialists…I would suggest you to relax and patiently wait till your appointment next week; I understand that this is not an easy task….I wish I could help more but the information you provide is minimal for the evaluation of such a complicated medical subject and without the knowledge of the laboratory results of the tests already performed, your medical history, and a physical exam, it is impossible to get any closer to a diagnosis…Again, this is complicated better left to people who have spent their lives studying such disorders; if you don’t have a professional medical background the more you search this way the more confused you will probably get…Just take good care of yourself till your appointment; that’s the best thing you can do…

    I wish you to find relief soon….

  2. cantgetit, 27 November, 2009

    maybe gout…very painful, usually redness and swelling are present also

  3. Nanaboss, 27 November, 2009

    There are a lot of different types of arthritis and rheumatoid variants you may not be aware of. An example: you could have disk problems in your neck. The nerves associated with disk problems run down the arms, across the shoulders and the upper back and chest depending on which disk is affected.

    There are other reumatic conditions such as lupus, reiter’s disease and other possibilities most home medical books don’t cover but doctor will be familiar with. A specialist knows the different syndromes and conditions and should set your mind at ease and give you an expert treatment plan.

    In the meantime, ibuprofen is an effective pain management medication with a low risk of side effects. Good luck and hang in there!

  4. clcalifornia, 27 November, 2009

    You don;t say how old you are or what sex you are.

    Ask the doctor about Fibromyalgia

  5. Brent, 29 October, 2011

    Wow, awesome weblog layout! How long have you ever been running a blog for? you make blogging glance easy. The overall glance of your site is excellent, as smartly as the content material!

Copyright © Get Rid Of Tennis Elbow Pain